Re: HA: Why `make` could hang

From: Paul Smith
Subject: Re: HA: Why `make` could hang
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2021 05:07:59 -0400

On Fri, 2021-10-01 at 07:03 +0000, Bely Uladzimir wrote:
> What is strange for me is that sometimes the filename is "FORCE"
> appears here and I'm a bit confused what it could be. Looks like
> something from `make` internals.

No.

"FORCE" is a commonly-used name for a target that causes another target
to always be built.  It's nothing to do with make's internals.

You can read about it here:
  https://www.gnu.org/software/make/manual/html_node/Force-Targets.html

> Yes, I checked the "file->name" in gdb and it really goes over few
> files" in the endless loop.

The question is were they the same files that were involved with the
"Terminated" output.