Re: should make elide the difference between "dir" and "dir/"?

From: Paul Smith
Subject: Re: should make elide the difference between "dir" and "dir/"?
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2021 13:35:19 -0400

On Fri, 2021-10-08 at 10:11 -0700, David Boyce wrote:
> Yes, exactly, what Paul said. Paul, this felt like a topic that might
> have been beaten to death in the past but if not, and if it's viable,
> should I file an enhancement request?

Sure, it can't hurt.

My only concern is if there is some makefile, somewhere, that is taking
advantage of the fact that targets "dir" and "dir/" are discrete
targets right now, that would be broken by this change.

I'm not sure I see how such a thing would be useful but it might
require a bit of thought.