help-mcsim

translating a model into MCSim

From: Eric Hack
Subject: translating a model into MCSim
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 14:37:42 -0400

Dear Frederic,

I want to translate a model to MCSim and have a couple of questions.  The model is a discrete-time model and the data are time (duration) of exposure, outcome (tumor or no), and frequency at many time points and exposure levels.  The model incorporates an ad hoc likelihood function which was being used to obtain MLEs for the parameters.

Can a user-defined likelihood function be easily implemented in MCSim?

There are also several logical constructs that I think may be difficult to translate to MCSim.  The code includes many if-then-else blocks, do loops, goto statements, and scheduled code blocks (to run at specific value of independent variable).  I think all of the do loops and goto statements facilitate array operations, so I should be able to use vector indexing, right?  Can the if-then-else blocks be coded in the model definition file, or should I code these into the model.c file after the translation by mod?

Thank you,

Eric

C. Eric Hack

Toxicology Excellence for Risk Assessment (TERA)

2300 Montana Avenue

Suite 409

Cincinnati, OH 45211

(513) 542 7475 x 19