help-mcsim

[Help-mcsim] Fwd: questions about MCSim

From: Zhenhong Li
Subject: [Help-mcsim] Fwd: questions about MCSim
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 12:26:59 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I am a PhD student at Oregon Health & Science University. I am using MCSim to
do my modeling work for hormone profiles in Fathead Minnows. The question I
would like to ask is about "vectors".

According to MCSim manual, vectors should be defined as
<variable-name>'['<integer>']'. Can I define the <integer> as a variable? I
mean, for example, I would like to use a 'n' to replace the <integer>; then in
the first run, I define n=10 (the vector has a length of 10), and in the second
run I define n=7 (the vector has a length of 7), as so on. Then, for different
runs, the length of the vector varies.

I tried several times, it seems that the present program does not accept it.
Would you please give me any suggestion? Can I modify the program a little bit
to add this function in? and how? Thank you very much!

Best!

Cindy