help-octave

Re: Octave-gui crashed in macOS

From: Andrew Janke
Subject: Re: Octave-gui crashed in macOS
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2019 07:15:42 -0400

On 7/8/19 5:41 AM, Andreas Weber wrote:
> Am 07.07.19 um 11:13 schrieb Sebastian Schöps:
>> 1536980672 wrote
>>> After I install the octave, I opened the octave guy use command
>>> octave —force-guy, but it had no response after I enter "help sign” in
>>> then command line.
>>
>> You have downloaded octave from www.octave-app.org, right?
>
> No, via brew, see crossposting on stackoverflow
>
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/56919579/octave-gui-had-crashed-in-macos-how-to-fix-it
>
> -- Andy

The bug report on StackOverflow is a little confusing to me. The crash
install octave` installs. `brew install octave` installs a vanilla
Octave, and is currently on 5.1.0. So it sounds like you have both
installed. (Octave.app is the "native Mac app" one that comes from
www.octave-app.org, like Sebastian mentioned.)

Come on over to https://github.com/octave-app/octave-app/issues and
be packaging specific and will probably require a few rounds of
back-and-forth, so the mailing list probably isn't the best place to
discuss it.

Cheers,
Andrew