help-octave

[Off-topic] Advertisement for GNU TeXmacs

From: Giovanni Piredda
Subject: [Off-topic] Advertisement for GNU TeXmacs
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2019 22:42:58 +0200

After a brief chat with one of the Octave developers in the #octave IRC channel, I know that it is possible to post here a brief advertisement for TeXmacs. Here it is.

For those we do not know what TeXmacs is: it is a system for writing that is at the same time structured and WYSIWYG, completely programmable through Scheme. More information, and the program for download, can be found at texmacs.org

Said this

There is a proposal for a StackExchange TeXmacs website, supported by the TeXmacs developers:

https://area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/121978/texmacs

which will run out of time at the beginning of August. For passing the first stage, it needs about 35 people to upvote 5 questions each (it is better to choose them among the questions that did not yet reach ten upvotes), so to satisfy the criterion of 40 questions with 10 upvotes each; it has already satisfied the criterion of number of people joining the proposal so joining is not critical, but upvoting is.

In conclusion, if you find GNU TeXmacs to merit support, and a StackExchange site for TeXmacs a good idea, you can consider upvoting 5 questions.

Ciao,

Giovanni