help-octave

Re: Problem in installation of Package io

From: Kai Torben Ohlhus
Subject: Re: Problem in installation of Package io
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2019 17:28:29 +0900

On 10/25/19 4:46 PM, Farzad Torabi wrote:

> I checked and I actually have permissions of read and write to Temp
> Folder . So now that's strage !

Ensure read, write, and EXECUTION permission in the folders (including
all subfolders):

   C:/Users/YOUR_USER_NAME/AppData/Local/Temp
   C:/Octave

and your current directory, if you start "pkg install".

The temp folders are likely to disappear, this is their purpose (temporary).

A final idea is to deactivate your Avast and other malware software you
have installed on your system and even controls your emails.  These
tools sometimes do not like executables to be created ;-)

On 10/25/19 4:46 PM, Farzad Torabi wrote:

> Footnote : I use Gmail and I can not change the email topic everytime I
> answer a post, but I continue receiving automatic emails from the team
> to users to change the topics to something more meaningful which is not
> clear to what and how ! when it's not even possible to change it from
> Desktop

What automatic emails do you receive?  AFAIK, the Octave mailing list
does not molest users with such things.

Another important thing is to write the answers BELOW the old email text
(bottom posting).  This makes the conversation much easier.

Kai