help-rcs

How to collaborate using RCS when users have their own computers

From: Sam Lee
Subject: How to collaborate using RCS when users have their own computers
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2022 06:45:50 +0000

Is it possible for multiple programmers to collaborate on a project that
is version controlled using RCS? From my understanding, this is simple
when all users share the same computer: simply set the appropriate
permissions on the RCS/*,v files such that all users are able to check
out and check in the RCS files.

But what if all the users are using their own personal computers? How
can the users collaborate in such a situation?

I have thought of setting up a central server containing the RCS
directory and letting the users mount the RCS directory on their local
file system using NFS or SSHFS. Is this the conventional method?