help-recutils

[help-recutils] Templates: Concatenating values

From: Titus von der Malsburg
Subject: [help-recutils] Templates: Concatenating values
Date: Fri, 29 May 2015 14:26:56 -0700

Hi, I found this email from 2011 with a proposal for a more powerful
templating language:

  https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/bug-recutils/2011-05/msg00019.html

Look really useful but has it been implemented?  I can’t find any
indication of this in the documentation.

Here is my concrete problem: I have a recfile for projects:

  Project_Name: XYZ
  Author: John Doe
  Author: Erika Mustermann
  …

In the template, I’d like to list all names (there can be arbitrarily
many) separated by commas.  Is this possible?

I tried the looping construct from the linked proposal and that didn’t
work.  I also tried the following but it didn’t work either:

  Author(s): {{Author[0-1]}}
  →
  recfmt: error: invalid expression in a template slot.

Although this works:

  Author1: {{Author[0]}}
  Author2: {{Author[1]}}

I can’t use the latter, though, because, as I said, the number of
authors is variable.

  Titus