help-recutils

Re: [help-recutils] Templates: Concatenating values

From: Jose E. Marchesi
Subject: Re: [help-recutils] Templates: Concatenating values
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2015 19:42:05 +0200

Hi Titus.

    Hi, I found this email from 2011 with a proposal for a more powerful
    templating language:

      https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/bug-recutils/2011-05/msg00019.html

    Look really useful but has it been implemented?  I can’t find any
    indication of this in the documentation.

Nope, that has not been implemented yet, so at the moment we are stuck
with the old, limited templates.

    Here is my concrete problem: I have a recfile for projects:

      Project_Name: XYZ
      Author: John Doe
      Author: Erika Mustermann
      …

    In the template, I’d like to list all names (there can be arbitrarily
    many) separated by commas.  Is this possible?

No, it is not possible to do that at the moment.  Someone will have to
implement the support for the new templates... ahem :)