help-recutils

Using librec

From: Bithov Vinu Student
Subject: Using librec
Date: Wed, 5 May 2021 18:59:22 +0100

Hi,

I'm writing a personal organiser (like org-mode, but not glued to a text editor and instead in the terminal) and found recutils and librec, which I plan to use as the database format. I was reading through some of "rec.h" in the source repository for recutils, esp. the High Level database access section, but all of these functions seem to relate to creating, querying and inserting into a database that is solely in memory. I'm not fluent in programming in the UNIX environment, could someone give me pointers on if there is a function to read/insert/query rec files from disk? A cursory search points me to recutils documentation which claims that if a rec file isn't supplied to the recutils command, it will instead using stdin, but that isn't applicable for my usage.

Thanks,

Bithov Vinu

Student Account
Calday Grange Grammar School is a charitable company limited by guarantee and registered in England and Wales with company number 8332696.
The Registered Office is at Grammar School Lane, West Kirby, Wirral, CH48 8GG