help-recutils

Compilation from source libmdb was not found on the system

From: Andrzej Hochul
Subject: Compilation from source libmdb was not found on the system
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2022 20:01:38 +0100

Hello,

I've opted to compile gnunet from source not exactly sure why mostly because I am not a fan of error comments in the AUR repository for the packages, this is a community repo for Arch Linux.
Gnunet requires recutils that in turn has optional dependency on libmdb mdb2rec tool.
I am building with the aim of maximum functionality and I am at a loss at what to do at the moment. Perhaps it's because I am hungry and should've long went for a coffee break. Usually google takes me out of trouble like this but it shines empty this time so I decided to reach out.

I am providing some diagnostic data, mind you I am not exactly sure what I am doing with the LD variables.
https://gist.github.com/PomyloneKodowanie/730e42fec2d01256d4baffc915bba376

Many thanks

TL; TD;

warning: libmdb was not found in the system.
warning: the mdb2rec utility won't get built.