help-recutils

Re: Any Web demo sites with RecUtils as a DB backend?

From: Philip Rhoades
Subject: Re: Any Web demo sites with RecUtils as a DB backend?
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2023 18:30:46 +1100

Wu Ming,

On 2023-11-23 13:02, Wu Ming wrote:
I was toying with the idea of a minimalist, Sinatra based web ui for my script to email receipts. Which increasingly relies on recutils. Should not be too difficult but don’t have the time now.

That is interesting! - I would be happy to help however I can . .

On a different take, recutils are not available for Windows.

That doesn't bother me - I stopped using Windows with NT4 . .

Perhaps this the reason why no wrappers exist for the most common cross platform programming languages. I won’t otherwise understand why something as ledger-cli and derivatives still define an increasingly complex, custom formatting for their plain text file data store.

Hmm . . ledger-cli is interesting too - I will have a closer look at it. I thought if I have to use an accounting system again in the near future I would go back to Ledger SMB . .

Thanks for responding!

Phil.