help-serveez

Re: [help-serveez] Thread safety

From: Andreas Rottmann
Subject: Re: [help-serveez] Thread safety
Date: 13 Dec 2002 17:09:12 +0100

stefan <address@hidden> writes:

> On Thu, 12 Dec 2002, Raimund 'Raimi' Jacob wrote:
>
> > morning friends!
>
> Hi!

I think we should move this over to dev-serveez...

> > stefan: i think your only point is to not depend on a 3rd party lib for
> > windows. i am not sure if that is enough :-)
>
> Another thing may be to use semaphores instead of pthread-mutices for
> having mutices across process boundaries...

Hmm, I wouldn't say to use them instead, since I guess
(pthread-)mutexes are more lightweight, and they serve a different
purpose. It wouldn't make sense to lock, say, svz_config from another
process, since they don't share address spaces.

Regards, Andy
--
Andreas Rottmann         | address@hidden        | address@hidden |
address@hidden