help-shishi

Re: shishi-NLS: address@hidden is broken

From: Mats Erik Andersson
Subject: Re: shishi-NLS: address@hidden is broken
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 15:07:44 +0200

onsdag den  3 april 2013 klockan 01:23 skrev Simon Josefsson detta:
> Mats Erik Andersson <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Hello there,
> >
> > the imported file
> >
> >    po/address@hidden
> >
> > is broken, because 176 msgid/msgstr pairs are not
> > agreeing on the use of newline characters!

> Is this still a problem?  I have updated NLS in git.
>
> However, I'm not certain the address@hidden stuff makes sense any more.  It
> was used to be recommended for projects, but it seems to have fallen out
> of fashion.  Should we just drop the address@hidden stuff?

The failure appears for me with FreeBSD, never with GNU/Linux.
The error is caused by

  msgmerge address@hidden address@hidden shishi.pot -o address@hidden

which is inserting "\n" at the end of every generated msgstr.
The most probable cause is that FreeBSD does not provide the
locales "address@hidden" and "address@hidden".

There should really be a test whether these locales exist,
before creating the message templates.

Regards,
  Mats E A