[Help-smalltalk] Blox - Gtk

From: MSA or SJF
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Blox - Gtk
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 08:08:23 -0800 (PST)

Paolo,

In proof.st you make the comment that there is no way
to fork a Process for Gtk gtkMain.

Were you referring to a Smalltalk Process or an OS
one?

I can see that it isn't going to be totally
straightforward, but I see no reason why one shouldn't
fork the actual gtk_main call (issues with portability
to W*, I suppose).

You'd also have to put Gtk in thread-aware mode and
synchronize all calls. That seems like hard work, but
not /impossible/.

Is there something that I've missed? If not, I think
I'll give it a go and see what I get.

Regards,

Mike