Re: [Help-smalltalk] smalltalk 2.0.11 Blox + fileIn segmentation fault

From: Sven Verdoolaege
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] smalltalk 2.0.11 Blox + fileIn segmentation fault
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 15:07:54 +0100

On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 02:37:55PM +0100, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
> I think that it is solved in 2.1 prereleases (the mechanisms behind
> event-handling and switching between C and Smalltalk code changed very much
> in between), and version 2.1 is sufficiently near to release, that probably
> the best solution is to upgrade.

I didn't realize there were prereleases.

> However I'll check it out just in case the bug is also in 2.1, or maybe it
> went back latent.

On first inspection, it seems to work now.

> Re. the other bug, it is indeed fixed in 2.1.

But a slight variation of it still persists:

Perform some change.
Select "Save Image" then "Exit" and I get:

Object: nil error: did not understand #rootView
UndefinedObject(Object)>>#doesNotUnderstand:
BLOX.BLOXBrowser.ModalDialog>>#message:in:
BLOX.BLOXBrowser.BrowserMain>>#quit
DirectedMessage(Message)>>#sendTo:
DirectedMessage>>#send
BLOX.BMenuItem(BLOX.BMenuObject)>>#invokeCallback

Moreover, the "Save Image" does not do its job.
Neither is the image really saved if you just do "Exit"
and press "Yes".

skimo