[Help-smalltalk] Re: Mingwin Patch

From: Bonzini
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Re: Mingwin Patch
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 19:51:38 +0100

I will apply the dict.c bit and test using static definitions of malloc and
free (#defining them instead of peppering with #ifdef's).  The poll.c change
is not feasible (moreover now that poll.c went into GNUlib and is thus
exposed to more users).  sbrk emulation is not needed, and in general
mmap/munmap emulation can be limited to anonymous mapping and is already
done in heap.c; I'll add an mprotect wrapper to sysdep.c. Using raise
instead of kill is already in my tree, as are the syntax errors (!).  TCP
will come later.

I'd like you to expand on what's needed from glib and what's winx and
whether it's possible to extract code from them into GNU Smalltalk's
tarball.

Also I'll change WIN32 and _WIN32 to __MINGW32__.