[Help-smalltalk] configuration questions

From: Vimal Reddy
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] configuration questions
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 02:12:15 -0700 (PDT)

I had some questions on setting the configuration options before making gst.

1) Should i do --disable-jit to disable just-in-time compilation? or that's the
default

2) I am getting an error similar to "INET socket not found" when I try to make
the tcp module. To get rid of it, I'm changing my config.cache from
gst_cv_inet_sockets=no to gst_cv_inet_sockets=yes and running configuration
again. Is that the fix for it?

3) What's the use of --without-PACKAGE? can i use it for --without-tcp to not
icnlude the tcp module?

4) Is it possible to compile gst without any networking components so there are
no dependencies on libsocket and libnsl?  I am trying to compile GNU Smalltalk
for a Simulator. The Simulator (Simplescalar from Univ. Wisc. Mad.) has a gcc
compiler for a it's target ISA (PISA). But the libsocket and libnsl libraries
are not available for Simplescalar. It would be great if I could just remove
those dependencies. And it would'nt hurt my case as i'm trying to study only
the Garbage Collection aspect.

Thanks,
Vimal

=====
Vimal Reddy
Graduate Student, ECE
North Carolina State University
Raleigh, NC
Ph: (919) 836-8254 Web: www4.ncsu.edu/~vkreddy