RE: [Help-smalltalk] Cygwin?

From: François-Denis Gonthier
Subject: RE: [Help-smalltalk] Cygwin?
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 02:12:50 -0400

Hello again :)

With a bit of cut&paste magic, I got i18n to compile.  Everything works fine
now.  I couldn't figure out what was wrong with the installed copy of the
Win32 headers I had.

But now I've go another error.

I may sound annoying but I figure that I'm not the only one trying to get
GNU Smalltalk to work with Cygwin.  I tried to load the browser with:

gst -qK browser/Run.st

but:

"Scavenging... 93% reclaimed, done"
"Scavenging... 93% reclaimed, done"
Object: DLD error: requested module blox-tk was not found
SystemExceptions.CInterfaceError(Exception)>>#signal
SystemExceptions.CInterfaceError class(Exception class)>>#signal:
DLD class>>#addModule:
optimized [] in PackageLoader class>>#primFileInPackage:
Set(HashedCollection)>>#do:
PackageLoader class>>#primFileInPackage:
optimized [] in PackageLoader class>>#fileInPackages:
OrderedCollection(SequenceableCollection)>>#do:
PackageLoader class>>#fileInPackages:
PackageLoader class>>#fileInPackage:
UndefinedObject>>#executeStatements
/usr/local/share/smalltalk/browser/Run.st:44: invalid scope resolution

I build 2.1 on Linux and it worked right away without fiddling with the
default configuration