Re: [Help-smalltalk] Just a few questions

From: Jepri
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Just a few questions
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 19:57:58 +1000

Thanks to yourself and the others who replied. I've put your suggestions into practise, and it's all working (yay!).

I have one gnu-smalltalk specific question, though. I'm using NetClients.WikiWorks, and everytime I get an exception while answering a http request (fairly often, given my coding skills), the size of the image (as saved on disk) grows by quite a lot (e.g. 100k+). I'm guessing that the thread isn't being shut down or perhaps there's some weird set of references or something, but a GC run doesn't help and I can't figure out how to end an exception debugging session without increasing the size.

The only thing that works for me ATM is to file out all my classes, copy in a new image and reload everything - not my favourite pasttime.

Any help with this also would be muchly appreciated.

Yours,
Jeremy