Re: [Help-smalltalk] Further work on Gtk bindings

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Further work on Gtk bindings
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 09:51:19 +0100

> Anyway, I do have a script that will generate *most* of the CStructs,
> but I'm coming to the conclusion that it isn't a good idea. Firstly,
> there are real technical difficulties with it

That's what kept me off that way when I first wrote the awk scripts.

> I've tried a different approach, which is to add a class method for
> every Gtk struct which returns the size of the C struct.

That cannot hurt.

> Writing this, it occurs to me that really, the best thing would be to
> provide a CStruct definition for the simple structures, like
> GdkRectangle, GtkAllocation

Don't some of them have accessors already?

> I'll sort that out properly and submit a proper
> patch shortly.

I can try doing that as well.  Some of the other parts incidentally were
already applied -- I really need to set up a CVS repo, can you please create a
user for yourself on Savannah (http://savannah.gnu.org) and ask to be added to
the GNU Smalltalk project?