Re: [Help-smalltalk] Re: GST benchmarks...

From: Isaac Gouy
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Re: GST benchmarks...
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 07:16:09 -0800 (PST)

As Paolo noted, the Shootout uses 2.1.8. (I'll see if I can install
smalltalk-2.1.10.tar.gz then maybe we can upgrade.)

> > I just ran the heapsort benchmark. It is slower than lua's :(
>
> I'll take a look.

We're showing Lua 20% faster than GST on heapsort - imo that really
isn't a big deal. And Lua is quite fast for a scripting language, GST
shows faster than Perl, Tcl, PHP.

Krishnakumar, we don't have GST programs for all the Shootout tests,
maybe over-lunch you'd like to fill the gap? :-)

best wishes, Isaac

Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!