Re: [Help-smalltalk] Community sprint

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Community sprint
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 16:15:01 +0200

You're quite right, but I think that that declaration is no more
readable than a C function signature, whereas the traditional Smalltalk
signature is much more readable. Also, with the entire method definition
in square brackets, it looks the same as the contents of a method
browser in any other Smalltalk, examples in books, etc.
Yes, you made a very important point. We need something that pleases the multitude of programmers (the mountain), but that is not too different from traditional Smalltalk (Mohammed). So yes, my quotation was backwards because I never remember the right one :-) but it made this point more clear that way. :-)