Re: [Help-smalltalk] WebServer - socket won't close?

From: J Pfersich
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] WebServer - socket won't close?
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 23:59:15 -0700

First, set up a servlet that requires no input ( just a straight GET). Then crank up your telnet session and type the following

GET /index.html HTTP/1.1
Host: 127.0.0.1

This is the same thing as http://127.0.0.1/index.html. You'll substitute the page that you're trying to access for the "/index.html" and your host name if you're not doing the testing on the box that the webserver is running. You should get a dump of the web page on your screen followed by the termination of the connection. If you're not getting the termination of the telnet session, then you can be sure that the socket hasn't been closed by the server.