Re: [Help-smalltalk] Trouble with sockets

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Trouble with sockets
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 09:06:24 +0100

Mike Anderson wrote:
Here is a test script which exhibits something of the problems I'm
having, which I'm now thinking are because I'm opening a pipe during the
HTTP request, and the interaction between pipe and socket is unhealthy.

Just to be sure, what version are you testing with? The infinite poll loop might have been fixed in smalltalk--stable--2.3--patch-11.

The strace output is attached. I don't pretend to understand all of it,
but there are some things I did not expect, like the SIGSEGVs!? What is
the significance of all the calls to mprotect?

Generational garbage collection. :-)