Re: [Help-smalltalk] [RFC] Smalltalk scripting syntax

From: Stewart Stremler
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] [RFC] Smalltalk scripting syntax
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 00:31:16 -0700

begin  quoting Paolo Bonzini as of Tue, Mar 13, 2007 at 07:08:14AM +0100:
> >     Object subclass: #MyClass.
> >     MyClass comment: 'A simple example class'.
>
> Except that MyClass is not available yet...
>
> One would need something like
>
>         Object subclass: #MyClass!
>         MyClass comment: 'A simple example class'!

Presumably, subclass should return the class instance, yes?

So perhaps

        (Object subclass: #MyClass)
                comment: 'A simple example class'
        !

...would be appropriate/reasonable behavior?

(The only really annoying thing is having to use parentheses.)

[chop]
--
Unencumbered by skill as I am, I shall opine freely.
Stewart Stremler