[Help-smalltalk] Re: [RFT] scripting improvements, part 2

From: Stephen Compall
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Re: [RFT] scripting improvements, part 2
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 16:04:45 -0500

On Thu, 2007-03-29 at 10:01 +0200, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
> One known bug is that it is possible to use "#{a}"
> on the automatically defined temporaries (because
> they are actually globals in this implementation).
> Please let me know if you thing this bug/feature
> should be kept.

I'd call it a feature, unless the scripting syntax will make it possible
for method definitions to refer to "lexical globals":

st> a := 42.
st> Object subclass: Everything [
        Class current [
            ^a]]
st> Everything current printNl.
42

Sorry if I got the syntax wrong, but hopefully you see it.

--
;;; Stephen Compall ** http://scompall.nocandysw.com/blog **
Failure to imagine vast possibilities usually stems from a lack of