Re: [Help-smalltalk] GNU Smalltalk 2.95b released

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] GNU Smalltalk 2.95b released
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 14:08:14 +0200

I tried 2.95b and the testsuite fails for tests 43-107 (ANSI tests).
Can I enter this in the issue tracker?

Well, nobody is using it so far, but yes, of course, so we can test it.
(Krishna has access to the website). Be sure to specify your system, and you can also attach the log of "make" (the more features you test, the better).

The other thing required is a little clarification about the various
versions is use and preparation. The alpha site for example lists
2.3a, 2.95{ab} and the mailing list talks about 3.0 (where is 3.0 btw?
CVS Head?)

2.3.5 is the last stable release.

3.0 betas are called 2.95{a,b}.

The other Q I have is regarding gtk+ toolkit. MY understanding is
Browser->Blox->Tk | Gtk .  Is that correct? I configured with
--enable-gtk=blox and when I run gst-blox, I get a backtrace.

If you want to try BloxTK instead, don't configure with --enable-gtk=blox.

Congratulations for all the cool features that were added although
star seems to be an improvement, I still prefer directory and source
files especially in the case of browser not working and the need to
unzip and rezip the package.

Note that "make something.star" will do that automatically.  star
files are only for installation.