Re: [Help-smalltalk] [patch] imply file by filein in package.xml, usuall

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] [patch] imply file by filein in package.xml, usually
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 09:32:05 +0200

Stephen Compall wrote:
smalltalk--backstage--2.2--patch-51
    imply file by filein in package.xml, usually

This only happens during XML parsing, so the Package protocol is
unchanged.  You can short-circuit it with an explicit <file> or
<built-file> or <other future allFiles-integrated tag>.  The idea is to
simplify description and eliminate common errors for the most common
case, in which you want a <file> for each <filein>.

I'm not sure actually of the patch, though I see what you want to achieve.

The best thing would be to add fileins automatically to either <file> or <built-file> using something like

   <filein dist="yes|no">

with the default being yes. Then, you could use <file> for data files only. However, this is probably too much for the pseudo-XML parser I'm using now (unless you want to use some regular expression magic).