Re: [Help-smalltalk] intmath tests

From: Sean Allen
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] intmath tests
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 08:05:56 -0500

On Jan 8, 2009, at 7:38 AM, Paolo Bonzini wrote:

Sean Allen wrote:
how long should those take to run?

all the test fly by for me except those that i killed after 15 minutes.

10-20 minutes should be enough, but it depends on the machine.

However, if you install the GMP development packages (libgmp4-dev or
something like that) it will be instantaneous.

wow, you weren't kidding. just took me a couple minutes with my funky mac
setup to tell it where gmp was and then, man... so much faster.

are there any other optional libraries I should make sure I have when installing? looking through the output of ./configure --help nothing jumps out at me but,
at this point, it is probably best to ask.