Re: [Help-smalltalk] How to access environment variables ?

From: Sean Allen
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] How to access environment variables ?
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 15:33:01 -0500

On Jan 15, 2009, at 2:59 PM, Paolo Bonzini wrote:

environ returns char **

should the returning part in cFuncs.st be

returning: ( #array #string )

what about the size though?

Returning #(#ptr #string), with some Smalltalk code to convert it to an
OrderedCollection.  Everything else is correct.

Is there anything that does this right now that I could use as an exemplar?
Or should I just grep for #ptr #string and see what I find?

Making some progress here learning stuff... god bless knowing C.
The entire time I did C programming it was always "god damn C" and now...
ah... finally, worth it.