Re: [Help-smalltalk] Re: [bug] intmath.st check fails

From: Sean Allen
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Re: [bug] intmath.st check fails
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 01:40:41 -0500

On Jan 17, 2009, at 5:33 PM, Giles Bowkett wrote:

Issue status update for http://smalltalk.gnu.org/project/issue/268
Post a follow up: http://smalltalk.gnu.org/project/comments/add/268

Project:      GNU Smalltalk
Version:      <none>
Component:    Build
Category:     bug reports

Hi, I changed the status to active because I still see this bug on OS X.
Someone who follows me on Twitter saw it too. We're both on OS X.
intmath.st fails, rockets to 99+% CPU, and hangs forever. make install,
and running GNU Smalltalk from the command line, succeed anyway.
MacPorts gives an error message if you try to install GNU Smalltalk via the port package manager, saying it's unavailable for Intel Macs, which
in 2009 means most Macs, but in fact mine's Intel and it's running
fine. At least, it handles "Hello world!" and the interactive console.

Giles, I installed gst via MacPorts w/o an error message and have run both that version and ones from built from source without issue. I'm using 10.5.6.

I just ran intmath.st in less than 10 seconds with both the MacPorts version
and my built from source version.

Are you on something earlier than 10.5.6?