[Help-smalltalk] Re: [bug] Cannot compile GST 3.1 on Windows

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Re: [bug] Cannot compile GST 3.1 on Windows
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 11:08:50 -0700

Issue status update for http://smalltalk.gnu.org/project/issue/274 Post a follow up: http://smalltalk.gnu.org/project/comments/add/274

Project:      GNU Smalltalk
Version:      <none>
Component:    Build
Category:     bug reports

I fixed OpenGL to build (I don't yet know if it works).

Problems now include:
1) gst's read-eval-print-loop does not work under msys terminal (rxvt)
because its stdin is a pipe.

2) i couldn't get a working zip under msys.  i'll probably add a
"minizip" program to remove the InfoZIP dependency and, at the same
time, fix this bug (using Smalltalk only would be slow because of CRC32
calculations).

3) gst-tool seems to work only under rxvt, otherwise it hangs (I cannot
even get a backtrace though).

4) there are other problems, which i'll fix first, due to msys not
handling paths with mixed path separators.

Things are not as bad as this comment may suggest though.