[Help-smalltalk] Re: Monticello to Git

From: Tim Felgentreff
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Re: Monticello to Git
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 00:02:35 +0200

On 10 Sep 2009, at 22:52, Paolo Bonzini wrote:

On 09/10/2009 05:32 PM, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
I compiled the current git version just now and 'gst-convert -f gst -F
squeak'
gives me "did not understand #fileOutHeader".
Am I doing something wrong?

No, I'll fix it soon.  I'm a bit busy and do not test things as much
as I should. :-)

Try now.

Paolo

Works pretty good on most sources, thanks!

I tested on the output of "gst-convert -f squeak" for Gitocello and
it works on all but on source file, the failing one is GCGitWrapper.st, and it fails because it has a "<comment: nil>" for the class-comment. If I set this line to read "<comment: ''>" (the empty string) it works fine.

Another thing: Squeak uses carriage-return for linebreaks, the linefeeds used in the converted source break the formatting when filing into Squeak. Can this be fixed from within gst-convert?

Anyway, don't worry about it now if you don't have the time, works perfectly fine for my purposes right now!

--
Regards,
Tim