Re: [Help-smalltalk] PagedDataGrid

From: Eli Green
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] PagedDataGrid
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 15:32:23 +0100

On Friday, November 13, 2009, at 02:48PM, "Nicolas Petton" <address@hidden>
wrote:
>Le vendredi 13 novembre 2009 à 11:47 +0200, Bèrto ëd Sèra a écrit :
>> Hi Nicolas!
>>
>> This widget looks extremely interesting. Is there any usage example for it?
>
>Hi Berto,
>
>This widget was contributed by Eli Green. There is no example yet, but
>if you can provide one, that would be great :D
>
>He explained a bit how to use it in his post, but I changed a few things
>since:

I'm still lurking if there are any questions.

I've not had a lot of time to play with Iliad since my first contact with it
but I was thinking that each row should be its own widget so that it can be
marked dirty separately from the entire table. This means if you edit an item
in a table with a few hundred records, the page update would still be quite
small. I don't think it's necessary to have separate objects at the cell level
but I may very well be wrong.

This change would not involve changing the example in any way.