Re: [Help-smalltalk] Kate for Smalltalkers

From: Nicolas Petton
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Kate for Smalltalkers
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 18:14:39 +0100

Hi,

I admit my file is probably not perfect, as it is my first syntax
highlighting file for Kate.

Some issues you mentioned are fixed in the last commit on the github
repository, except for block variables I think (I may be wrong).

About your syntax file, it doesn't seem to work so well.

Can you confirm that with this code:

Object subclass: Foo [

        foo [
                <category: 'some-category'>
                OrderedCollection.
                self doSomething: OrderedCollection with: self.
                self doSomething: self something.
                self doSomething.
                self something do: [:each | each printNl].
                self bar.
        ]
]

- The pragma is not highlighted.
- The first "OrderedCollection" is colored, but not the second.
- the coloration of the "self" at the end of the third line of the
method is also wrong.
- In the next line, it's "self something" which seems to be wrong.
- In the next line, the block break the highlighting, because everything
I write after that is green.

Anyway I'm glad that you're helping :-)

Cheers!

Nico