Re: [Help-smalltalk] Code update and class variables

From: Holger Hans Peter Freyther
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Code update and class variables
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 16:53:06 +0800

On 09/07/2010 04:23 PM, Paolo Bonzini wrote:

> LogTarget class methods can be used to set a default logging target
> and, as you mentioned, you could have also a per-process LogTarget.
>
> You can add a LogMultiplexer class to emulate
> log_add_target/log_del_target.  It can be just an internal detail.
>
> How does this look?

Thanks for taking the time, the LogFilter hierachy is a nice idea. One reason
to have the dedicated 'LogArea' class is from a configuration point of view.

A user does not want to reconfigure the LogTarget (and the filters applied on
it) but he wants to see the SCCP messages. So currently on the telnet
interface I do something like:

        logging SCCP enabled.

With the filtering I would have to add an allow filter, or remove from the
target which is certainly possible but a bit of a hassle. On the other hand by
having a nice chain of filters one can do a lot more.