Re: [Help-smalltalk] Delay, BlockClosure and Process

From: Nigel Williams
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Delay, BlockClosure and Process
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 11:31:36 +1000

On 11/09/2010, at 3:37 AM, Holger Hans Peter Freyther wrote:

> I would assume that c_call_out would be called every couple of milliseconds
> but it appears that when the delay is over the Process just exits. Why is that
> the case? How can I avoid it? How can I achieve something better? (well it
> would be nice to avoid the poll all together but that is for later).

If you're running that at the REPL (the st> prompt) and returning to the REPL,
it won't work because the VM is not running while the REPL is waiting for input.

If you try "Processor activeProcess suspend" at the REPL you will return
control to the process scheduler and your process should get run.

The reason gst-remote and visualgst should also work is that they're not
sitting with the REPL waiting for input either.

Nigel