Re: [Help-smalltalk] How to jump start a VisualWorks veteran?

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] How to jump start a VisualWorks veteran?
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 13:33:08 +0100

On Sat, Mar 19, 2011 at 12:09, Thomas Girard <address@hidden> wrote:
> Unfortunately, it does not work either. I get the same error. (Besides,
> the unstable package won't work on stable because it depends on libgmp10).

That's probably because the version of gnutls in stable is too old, too.

> git version 3.2.3-96ea7ed works.

Cool!

Regarding license, modifications to the VM have to be made public.
Bascically that's everything written in C including bindings to other
libraries if written in C.  But Smalltalk code is specially exempted
from any GPL compatibility requirement.