[Help-smalltalk] Can't use Blox on OpenSUSE

From: Mike S
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Can't use Blox on OpenSUSE
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2014 23:11:40 +0000

Hi all. Great work on gst. It's really wonderful. It's small, it's fast,
has a c-interface, it's just great.

Unfortunately, I can't use Blox. I made sure I had tcl/tk installed, and
tcl-devel and tk-devel too. I told the configure script --with-tcl and
--with-tk to both tclConfig.sh and tkConfig.sh and yet it won't work. I
tried building tcl/tk from source myself and telling the configure script
to use the tclConfig.sh and tkConfig.sh I built myself and yet it won't
work.

Is it possible to use it without Bloxtk, from the command line? I don't
want to use GTK (actually, even that didn't work, even though I had the
cario libs installed). I like tcl/tk and I may be able to contribute to
bloxtk. I feel lost without a squeak/pharo like IDE though.

Is it possibly to use GST entirely from the REPL? without any GUI? what
methods do I need to find my way around? (for example, in python there's
dir() and help() and in ruby there's .methods and in tcl there's info).

Thanks.