Re: [Help-smalltalk] Failed to start VisualGST

From: Jan Vrany
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Failed to start VisualGST
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2014 12:56:15 +0100

Hi,
On Fri, 2014-09-19 at 11:39 +0200, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
> Il 18/09/2014 23:46, Jan Vrany ha scritto:
> > Right. I tried to install it too (configure --prefix ..., make install)
> > and then run it by ./bin/gst-browser. I've got exactly the same output.
>
> Can you send the output of "strace ./bin/gst-browser" and "find PREFIX
> -name 'gst*'"?

Funny. There was no gst-glib module in the install directory.
I tried "make install" in packages/glib and it complained about
not finding libgst.

Then I did make distclean, ./configure and make && make install
again and now it works.

I'm not sure what went wrong in a first place, but now it works.
I'm sorry with bothering you, I should have tried this before posting
here. Thanks for your help.

Best, Jan