Re: Memory limits?

From: Thomas Worthington
Subject: Re: Memory limits?
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2020 18:07:32 +0100

I fiddled with the value of MAX_OOP_TABLE_SIZE and was able to get further
through the original log file but I hit another barrier at about 2GB, which may
be the int limitation as int is signed.

I redid the code slightly to try in Squeak and it worked fine, actually taking
up less memory for the whole file whereas I was hitting the limits on gst at
about the halfway mark. It was faster too but I hadn't tried the jit in gst so
the comparison doesn't mean much.

I confirmed that an int was 4-bytes here too, BTW.

Thanks for the help.

Thomas