help-stow

Re: [Help-stow] Asking to create directories prior to symlinking?

From: Magnus Thor Torfason
Subject: Re: [Help-stow] Asking to create directories prior to symlinking?
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2014 22:05:24 +0000

To avoid symlinking directories, use

stow --no-folding

From man stow:

       --no-folding
           Disable folding of newly stowed directories when stowing, and
           refolding of newly foldable directories when unstowing.

I always use --no-folding ...

Best,
Magnus

On 2/28/2014 5:28 PM, Rhys Ulerich wrote:
Is there a way to ask Stow to create directories rather than symlinking them?

For example, say I've got
     ~/Stow/package1/share/man/man3
     ~/Stow/package2/share/man/man8
I'd like to interactively choose to create share/man/man3 rather than
symlinking share, share/man, or share/man/man3 as doubtless some other
package will want to install manual pages.

Granted, I can pre-create those directories before stowing package1
but setting up the usual share,lib,etc stuff manually is tedious.

Thanks,
Rhys