help-tar

[Help-tar] How to skip checks that use large files?

From: Jeffrey Walton
Subject: [Help-tar] How to skip checks that use large files?
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2018 23:11:57 -0500

Hi Everyone,

I'm building tar from sources. Before 'make install' I run 'make
check'. We are seeing some [expected] failures due to small SDcards
that don't have the space to accommodate large files.

I don't have a good definition of what it means to be large. Some of
my IoT gadgets only have 250 MB of free space. Tests like 140 "storing
sparse files > 8G" and 142 "listing sparse files bigger than 2^33 B"
don't make a lot of sense for me.

Ifs there a way to configure/test without the large file tests?

Thanks in advance