Confusion

From: Susan Bassein
Subject: Confusion
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2001 23:35:11 +0000

Dear Texinfo-folks,

I ran makeinfo on a file named "dap.texi" and got 5 files ("dap",
"dap-1", ..., "dap-4") in /usr/local/info, but when I ran:

    install-info --info-dir=/usr/local/info /usr/local/info/dap

the entry in the "dir" file was:

    * Dap: (dap.info).

Then, running:

    info dap

failed to find the info files (of course), but when I edited the "dir"
file entry to:

    * Dap: (dap).

then

    info dap

worked fine. The problem is that I'm assembling a package for GNU using
aclocal, automake, and autoconf and I don't see how to make this work in
any sensible way. Please help -- thanks!

Susan Bassein
address@hidden