Re: texinfo.tex: @noindent exdents in footnotes

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: texinfo.tex: @noindent exdents in footnotes
Date: 03 Jan 2002 16:17:44 +0100

Happy Brand New Year!

| My best advice is not to use footnotes.  Especially not
| multiple-paragraph footnotes.  Especially not multiple-paragraph
| footnotes with examples.

Thanks Karl.  Yep, I know, this is not always the most elegant, and I
try hard not to use them, but I'm still shocked when it is Texinfo
that does harder than I do.

OK, I can have what I want simply by not putting the @noindent at all,
which is indeed your suggestion.  I still don't understand very well
why noindent does exdent instead of doing nothing, but this time it
seems on purpose.  So I'm fine...  But still, I'm surprised with the
output of the following ;)