Re: localization of makeinfo keywords

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: localization of makeinfo keywords
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 19:01:12 +0200

> From: "pascal barbedor" <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 19:21:55 +0100
>
> djgpp\config works and after that make builds ok on win98
>
> djgpp\config nls works and after that make does NOT build completely
>
> error is :
>
> e:/djgpp/lib/libc.a(conio.o)(.text+0x114):conio.c: multiple definition of
> `gettext'
> ../intl/libintl.a(intl-compat.o):intl-compat.c:85: first defined here
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make.exe[3]: *** [ginfo.exe] Error 1

I looked into this, and I cannot find a way of fixing this in
general.  The Info program uses the DJGPP conio routines for direct
screen access, and one of those functions names conflicts with GNU
gettext.

This is fixed in the DJGPP development sources, but the latest
released version, v2.03, does not yet have that fix.

However, in your case, you want localized makeinfo, not localized
Info.  So I believe if you type "make -k" instead of "make", you will
have makeinfo with NLS support.