conversion of netpbm/gs/gpg doc to Texinfo?

From: Karl Berry
Subject: conversion of netpbm/gs/gpg doc to Texinfo?
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 18:40:50 -0400

I've just added this entry to the TODO file for Texinfo:

  Many free programs are documented in formats other than Texinfo,
  and it would be nice to have Info versions of their manuals too.
  For instance, gpg (http://www.gnupg.org/(en)/documentation/index.html),
  netpbm (http://netpbm.sourceforge.net/doc/),
  and Ghostscript (ftp://mirror.cs.wisc.edu/pub/mirrors/ghost/gnu/).
  The latter two are in html; there is an html2texi program at
  http://www.uncg.edu/~wlestes/software/html2texi, although it won't
  convert such complex documentation for free.

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in pursuing this?  These
programs I use myself, and I like Info format :).

I expect the maintainers of those distributions would take back changes,
although I don't know for sure.

If you are interested, please let me know.

Thanks,
karl