[help-texinfo] Problem with including file in texinfo

From: Wolfgang Pausch
Subject: [help-texinfo] Problem with including file in texinfo
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 22:44:29 +0100

Hello,

I write a manual for a project using texinfo. Since version and release-dates
appear in various files, I had the idea of putting them into separate files

(for example a file .VERSION which contains the String "0.0.2" (and only it)).

Now, how can I include such a file into a texinfo-source, in a way that
involves no extra new-line and similar things. I just want to appear the
content of the included file as if I had written it into the source itself.

(a line might look like "version 0.0.2, release-date xyz")

Thanks for help and please send A COPY TO ME, as I'm not on the mailing-list.

Wolfgang